In Ancient Egypt, this sacred stone was considered a symbol of eternal life, the gift of Toth Posted on 04 Nov 19:13 , 0 comments
Emerald was worshiped by ancient Incas and Chaldeans. Phoenicians devoted it to Ishtar goddess of fertility and love. It was revered in all the major religions for spiritual strength and beauty. In Ancient Egypt, it was considered a symbol of eternal life, the gift of Toth, God of wisdom and was a beloved jewel of the Queen Cleopatra. What makes this mystical stone so very special?
The meaning of the Emerald
In ancient times, these green stones were called "The Heart of Spring", and they were considered the symbol of hope and future, of renewal and growth, of justice and harmony. The emerald was given a poetic name: "The Seeker of Love" and "discoverer of truth."
It is considered a "rock of happiness" because it is associated with a heart chakra (Anahata). It’s comforting energy is healing on all levels, bringing with it brilliance and joy. It gives inspiration and infinite patience, embodying compassion and unconditional love. The Emerald fosters friendships, maintains a balance between friends. It is known for its ability to strengthen marriage, family happiness and fidelity. In ancient Rome, it was devoted to the goddess of the love and beauty Goddess Venus and it was believed that the Emerald assisted in finding one’s significant other.
The Emerald is a stone of true vision and intuition and is linked to eyes and vision. For a long time, it was believed that it could predict future events and allows one to know the truth. It is the rock of wisdom, memory, and increased mental clarity. It combines intelligence with wisdom and brings into consciousness that which is stored in one’s subconsciousness. The Emerald also enhances psychic powers and opens the gift of clairvoyance.
This magnificent green rock has been a subject of admiration in many cultures for more than six thousand years. There is evidence that it was sold in the markets of Babylon 4,000 years BC. The emerald was worshipped by ancient Incas and Chaldeans, and Phoenicians devoted it to Ishtar goddess of fertility and love. Emerald was revered in all the major religions for spiritual strength and beauty.
In Ancient Egypt, the emerald was considered a symbol of eternal life, the gift of Toth, God of wisdom, it was a beloved jewel of the Queen Cleopatra. The emerald mines in Upper Egypt are among the oldest in the world, and they have been named the mines of Celpatra due to her love for the stone.
The emeralds were the talismans of Aristotle, Alexander the Great, Mughals in India. Emeralds were used to decorate the crowns and royal jewels in many parts of the world for centuries. And nowadays these precious stones continue to be of great value, they are a subject of pride to collectors, and they can be seen in the admirable exquisite decorations of the rich and the famous.
Magical Properties of the Emerald
It is a sacred stone of the Goddess Venus, helping to find and preserve love. It is said that wearing it will help your beloved to remain faithful. Emerald’s vibrations are like vibrations of love, and the emerald can become a bridge between two loving people. It is said that giving this stone to a beloved will keep them in your life forever, but only if your gift is made with a feeling of pure and genuine love. To attract romantic love, the emeralds are worn near the heart.
Perfect for the renewal of passion. It is said that the Emerald helps to renew ones relationship with a significant other. To do so, take the emerald, and keep it close to your lips, say the words that express your feelings for your love. Then give the stone to the person you want to renew the relationship with.
The emerald promotes self-esteem, especially for young girls and adolescents. It has a calming effect on the emotions that invigorating the mind. It is a wonderful crystal to stimulate artistic creativity and to draw attention to its creations.
Emerald is also known to support work, stimulates mental activity, strengthens memory, and gives inspiring eloquence to speeches. If you need to quickly memorize a lot of facts or learn new information, do it by holding the emerald in your hands. It creates a calming effect, promotes mental and emotional equilibrium, making it extremely useful for the establishment of cooperation and mutual understanding in the collective. Ideally suited to people in occupations where visionary illumination is a significant advantage. It's good to wear it for business success. Emeralds are believed to help in legal matters and litigation.
It is also a stone of fortunetellers and prophets, helping them to penetrate into the future. In some cultures, it was used in ancient times to make it rain. The most active time of the Emerald is in springtime, that is when it’s strength increases. During the full moon the emerald is at it’s strongest.
Healing properties of the Emerald
The emeralds have long been attributed with a variety of healing properties. It is said that the Emerald:
- Assists in the treatment of fever, inflammation, liver disease, diabetes. may be useful against epilepsy, skin diseases (eczema, rash and skin irritation).
- Has a beneficial effect on the heart and the immune system. It was thought that if you just look at the stone before you sleep, it prevents insomnia.
- Emeralds are thought to have anti-aging properties, it is well suited to combat age related changes. Having this stone in the house helps to relieve fatigue and regain youthful cheerfulness.
- It is considered to be the best among the stones to treat the eye and to restore sight. Contemplating on this beautiful green stone helps to relax your eyes. Eye wash with emerald water soothes the eyes and decreases inflammation. To make this eyewash, the emerald is left overnight in a container of pure spring water and can be used the next day as an eyewash.
- Used to assist in healing heart disease.
- It is a strong healer of the physical heart, and may be useful in treating the lungs, liver, gall bladder, pancreas and kidneys, as well as the spine and muscle system. It aids recovery after infectious illness, and its powerful green ray can assist healing of malignant conditions.
- Emerald is a crystal of the heart, alleviating heaviness in the emotional field and nourishing the aura with an energy of hope, encouragement, gentleness and abundance. It heals heartbreak and gives the strength needed to overcome the misfortunes of life, clearing away negative patterns of victimization and loss of personal power by strengthening the physical and emotional heart centers. It is a stone of regeneration and recovery, bringing in freshness and vitality, love and compassion - for the self as well as for others
Emerald is a very powerful healing stone and that is why I was guided to use it in my world famous Archangel Raphael Disc. AA Raphael has come to me himself and given me directions on bringing forth a healing disc that would assist many in not only opening their heart charkas, not only connecting to AA Raphael but for overall healing and balancing.